Skip to main content

TO LOVE




Dearly Beloved,

 

Love is awful

It’s awful!

It’s painful!

It’s frightening!

Makes you doubt yourself!

Judge yourself!

Distance yourself from the other people in your life.

Makes you selfish.

Makes you creepy!

Makes you obsessed with your hair!

Makes you CRUEL!

Makes you say and do things you never thought you would do!

It’s all any of us want, and its hell when we get there!

So, no wonder...

It’s something we don’t want to do on our own.

And Love, isn’t something that weak people do.

Being a romantic takes a hell of a lot of hope.

I think what they mean is, when you find somebody that you love, it feels like hope.

So be strong, and take heart all you who hope.

 

To Love... I can take you back to the first time I had a crush on a lady. She was way older and so light skin and I thought she was white (she wasn’t). Then I was Batman for a night and injured my friend and his sister reprimanded me and God was she beautiful (My second crush). As life would have it I went to school for all the wrong reasons since my cousin would get snacks and fruits every morning as she carried her backpack to go to school and that motivated yours truly to go to school.

Six years later I met my third crush. She had the Nevus of Ota. A condition where her eyelids had a blue patch and I thought it was the cutest thing ever but it was clearly not. She left school and we met once when we walked together and got ‘ice’ before they got the name ‘ice-pops’. I was over the moon that day. Two years after that I got another one. She was clumsy and for some reason, I thought it was cute. I enjoyed helping her study but we changed classes since we had a hierarchy of sorts and I met another crush.

The year went on very fast and I was transversing counties and there I met more ladies. The pool was bigger, I’d turn my head and meet another and another and it got boring. I gave up and chose to be more charismatic. Here, I broke barriers and it had my heart racing. The adrenaline I got from being risky always had me hopping from one relationship to the next. I was a love bunny (I am cringing) and I enjoyed it.  

As I went through all these things I had never been in love. Not once. Well, there were moments where I would think that that was love but no, I was just infatuated. Then I finally met my match. She was beautiful. She was pleasing to look at. She was a yapper and had this laugh, God I loved her laugh. Miraculously, she became mine. Miraculous because apart from charisma I didn’t have anything else going for me. Everything was new and I had always struggled with change, so all these new things were getting scary.

One minute I was happy and the next I wondered how it would feel if she left. She was reassuring though. I mean she never gave me any reason to worry if she would leave but I always thought of the worst possible outcome in everything and her leaving made it seem as though my world would stop. Then she did leave, and for a few years, my world did stop. I tried tinkering with the gears that made my world turn and there I couldn't realize what being I was becoming.

I was always on edge. I got possessive, angry, cruel, and selfish and I judged myself a lot. I always wondered; did she leave because of this and that or maybe because of this and that, but I can’t change this and that, no, who said I can’t change this and that? So, I started changing again and changed again and again and again and Tinkerbell was overworked so I gave up. I could no longer recognize who I had become and thus, I had to accept who I was but chose to revert to who I knew. An adrenaline junky. But this didn't last long, it got boring again. Sighs...

Love was something I never knew I wanted or needed but, in my aim, to keep it, I became a being that didn’t even have the embers of love anymore. Accepting who I had become and re-learning love was a journey full of pain as I had to come to terms with the things I had done while seeking that which was gone, chasing the wind was draining everything from me.

Love proved just how weak I was and picking myself up was way harder than accepting the different changes I was going through. Surely love is not something someone can do alone. So, to those of us who are on a self-love journey and have been lied to that we can do it alone, I’d like to reassure you that you will fail. Take a deep breath and involve your friends, your family, and everyone in between. Loving yourself then will be easier and braver.

With Love,

 

Thairu.  

Comments

  1. Really nice 🙂☺️ cuzo keep it up...you capture it so nicely 👌 and so perfectly 💗

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

SOMETHIN' STUPID

  My Little Haven, I know I stand in line Until you think you have the time To spend an evening with me And if we go some place to dance I know that there's a chance You won't be leaving with me Albert Schweitzer said that if you love something then you have to let it go and he didn’t say how much letting go hurts. One plus one isn’t adding up to two since explain this; I love you, but I have to let you go because of that love. Why? Is it because my love is wrong? Is it because I am underserving of your love? Or is the world adamant about me sacrificing everything I proclaim to love just to teach me some lesson I never care about?  The simple art of letting go is not simple at all. You have to take a deep breath and accept that your beloved shall be in the arms of another. That whatever you love will be loved better wherever it goes. That it will be taken care of better than you could ever do. But then what if you loved it unconditionally, do you still have to t

LET ME LOVE YOU NOW!

Babycakes, I think I finally met her. Well, she was always in my life but I never really thought of her in that light then I was walking in darkness and she became the light I ran to. I don’t know when I fell for her but I think I always held her to some higher regard compared to other ladies. She, my woman, (I get to say that my woman, my lady) is a ball of energy and I feel loved, accepted, and wanted by her. Everything comes easy with her, well, loving her is easy. Being loved by her feels easy. I am smiling as I write this since I can see her smile while looking at me with her hazel eyes… God her hazel eyes. I wonder if I ever felt seen before I met her. Was I actually seen before her? Maybe yes but I don’t think I care much about the ‘other’ eyes since being seen by these ones has been what I yearn for… Has been what I live for. I am genuinely glad whoever came before me fumbled because he didn’t know what a good thing he had lost. You're the one I love Every second th

END OF ME!

  Dearly Beloved, I will never be Somebody else’s I will always be Either entirely yours Or completely my own There is nothing else That I will ever find Beyond You and I. ~S.L. Gray~   I Love You! There I said it! It’s finally off my chest. I can now breathe. It feels like a weight has been lifted off my chest and I can smile again after being anguished by that which I could not admit. I have lied to myself that I don’t but here I am finally falling in truth and it feels good and sad at the same time since I still cannot say it to your face. I have desired to tell you this for a while now and I didn’t know how but I guess this does it. I Love You but You don’t; so, only I remains. It sucks being on this boat again, but I will find my shore once more, hopefully, a little bit faster than the first time. I say you don’t since I am afraid of you saying you do. What would I do with your love? How would I handle it? How would I fill you with love when I too l