Skip to main content

ROBBED


Dear Reader,


The year is 2003; My mum is an introvert and she was a new mum to this ball of energy and as discipline for not obeying her (nilikataa kuwasha jiko) she made me sit with my dad. Now my dad was a silent man, (was since we rant a lot when we meet), and I “feared” the man. I don’t have a valid reason why, but silent people give me the creeps. So, as I sat with this man of little to no words, he tuned in to Nation TV and this new segment started playing. “Smallville”, a little kid falls from the sky in a pod and a few months of binging this show and the kid is now an adult who flies and can shoot lasers from his eyes.

Clark quickly became my favorite character and there was this babe, Lana! The year is 2004 and I was turning 5 that year.  Now, I could already tell what was attractive and what wasn’t and Lana was the most beautiful on-screen lady I had known. She was dating Clark and there was this bald man called Lex and then she started dating that guy and I was flipping mad. So, I stopped watching it and then the year is 2014 and I am watching “The Flash”. Here I meet Barry and I want him to win his ‘love’ and get Iris but again there comes an episode where he spends the day with Felicity and I ship them but then I want Barry to end up with Iris as she was the ‘original love’.

Now, it's 2017, and Barry marries Iris. I am over the moon until I realize that she is a very toxic character, and I don’t like her anymore. So, I stop watching the show. I then watch a couple more shows, and when the main lead doesn’t end up with the person I would like them to be with, I stop watching the show. I’d genuinely get mad about it until I realized that I actually had a major problem: frustration.

In 2019, I met this lad, and we bonded very quickly. We start talking about the beautiful women in our lives, and then he shows me this one babe in particular. She had this delicate yet vibrant, fluttering-with-grace kind of smile—you know, the one that has you smiling as you build castles and wondering if your kids will also have her smile. I saw her once, and we never spoke of her again.

Life being life took us through the pits and then we started talking about that babe. You remember that one whose smile was a radiant sunrise that warms the heart with its gentle light, let’s call her Cyra (juu has cute ciaras - That is really funny to me). He goes on this long rant about her and I am just looking at these photos of this babe and guys, she was stunning. Now, I know not when they met but I am sure he told me, I just wasn’t listening but I could tell that there was love.

Then I finally met this lady I had only seen in photos and videos and was speechless. She, like him, started this long rant about my boy and I stopped listening as I watched her eyes glisten with love for this guy who was denying himself this beautiful world just cause... his reasons are dumb to me so I won’t speak of them here. I hold him in high regard and I want you, the readers to hold him in the same regard and not as this man full of excuses... Huyu Kijana, Jesus.

2024, they meet and I am there to witness it. This was Smallville all over again. You know how Clark hugged Lana after he stopped time so that he could save her from her crush. That hug Iris gave Barry after he professed his love for her before that Tsunami swept through Central City. And I sat there, smiling, with Saint in my head screaming, “I built this... brick by brick” and as he was about to say, “and I be damned if I let you tear it down...” they looked at me and gave me those ‘bs’ lines that we are better of as friends.

Now, I took my time, my delusions, and built castles about their love only for them to say that they were better off as friends. I am his friend and I think I am enough; She is not enough as a friend!!! Again, my frustration resurfaced. These authors never want me to have the endings I think I deserve. Unlike the movies, I never had control over them but these two... These two I have forever with. I will incept the idea of them together till I see it happen and be happy about something I fought for.

So, dearly beloved, join me in prayer or manifestations or whatever delusions get you going when it comes to love so that I can have my happy ending... ps. My happy ending is seeing them in love or maybe y’all already got this bit from the piece.

Anyways, Peace, Love, and kindly check on your peers. If they still have unspoken crashes at this time and you know it, then push them of that cliff.  

Love,

 

Thairu.

 

   

Comments

  1. Nice piece of literature

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice piece here...I'm seriously resonating with it perfectly ...ukimalizana na hawa please come fix mine before niende Loliondo sasa

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

SOMETHIN' STUPID

  My Little Haven, I know I stand in line Until you think you have the time To spend an evening with me And if we go some place to dance I know that there's a chance You won't be leaving with me Albert Schweitzer said that if you love something then you have to let it go and he didn’t say how much letting go hurts. One plus one isn’t adding up to two since explain this; I love you, but I have to let you go because of that love. Why? Is it because my love is wrong? Is it because I am underserving of your love? Or is the world adamant about me sacrificing everything I proclaim to love just to teach me some lesson I never care about?  The simple art of letting go is not simple at all. You have to take a deep breath and accept that your beloved shall be in the arms of another. That whatever you love will be loved better wherever it goes. That it will be taken care of better than you could ever do. But then what if you loved it unconditionally, do you still have to t

LET ME LOVE YOU NOW!

Babycakes, I think I finally met her. Well, she was always in my life but I never really thought of her in that light then I was walking in darkness and she became the light I ran to. I don’t know when I fell for her but I think I always held her to some higher regard compared to other ladies. She, my woman, (I get to say that my woman, my lady) is a ball of energy and I feel loved, accepted, and wanted by her. Everything comes easy with her, well, loving her is easy. Being loved by her feels easy. I am smiling as I write this since I can see her smile while looking at me with her hazel eyes… God her hazel eyes. I wonder if I ever felt seen before I met her. Was I actually seen before her? Maybe yes but I don’t think I care much about the ‘other’ eyes since being seen by these ones has been what I yearn for… Has been what I live for. I am genuinely glad whoever came before me fumbled because he didn’t know what a good thing he had lost. You're the one I love Every second th

END OF ME!

  Dearly Beloved, I will never be Somebody else’s I will always be Either entirely yours Or completely my own There is nothing else That I will ever find Beyond You and I. ~S.L. Gray~   I Love You! There I said it! It’s finally off my chest. I can now breathe. It feels like a weight has been lifted off my chest and I can smile again after being anguished by that which I could not admit. I have lied to myself that I don’t but here I am finally falling in truth and it feels good and sad at the same time since I still cannot say it to your face. I have desired to tell you this for a while now and I didn’t know how but I guess this does it. I Love You but You don’t; so, only I remains. It sucks being on this boat again, but I will find my shore once more, hopefully, a little bit faster than the first time. I say you don’t since I am afraid of you saying you do. What would I do with your love? How would I handle it? How would I fill you with love when I too l