Skip to main content

IF

 


Hey you,

It has been a while. Well, I have been all over and nowhere at the same time. Being a grown-up is hard and tiring. I don’t know how my folks did all this and still had time to argue with me about my ideologies. More grace and love to them. I hope y’all have been tackling life well. Fighting your battles every day and in as much as you may lose some, I hope you also win some.

I write because I just watched John Krasinski’s new movie “IF” and am a mess since I teared up and laughed. It was a cute movie. *Spoiler Alert* It has a beautiful ending. It has been a while since I watched a movie with a happy ending. Most if not, all have been ending in suspense then I spend the next few hours coming up with theories and I watch the second part and wonder why they had to make the sequel.

But there’s something about this one – IF. “Imaginary Friend” is what IF stands for and as an African child or say a Kenyan one I have never had an imaginary friend. I say this because my imaginations run wild. I’d watch a Jackie Chan movie or Jet Lee and trust me I would be in the streets jumping from poles like them. Being a “fully trained martial artist” together with my friend Sam.

Sam, I met him a few weeks back and he is a proud husband and a father of two and here I am complaining about the price of coffee, but why is it so damn expensive. But Sam and I would always fight after watching these movies. We would act the part, be ninjas. We had black pull-neck shirts and black pants and we would wrap ropes around our chests so that they could hold a sword at the back and one by the side. Then we would have a crash of our swords before we threw them and the kicks started. Now, do not think that we were not hitting each other intending to hurt each other because we did hurt each other. I have scars to prove my case. He has a scar close to his eye after an “arrow” made of a thorn, straw and a feather grazed his eye.

Now, this is what our imaginations were like. But we never had imaginary friends. I made a joke that they were embracing Schizophrenia since they actually saw and conversed with these Imaginary Friends but there weren’t enough hahas so maybe y’all will laugh. However, I have grown up and Sam has his new priorities and as much as we reminisce about those days, they can never come back to us. Now Sam is more of an acquittance and he has his family and well, I have me.

This now makes me want an Imaginary Friend… to not feel alone. I say this since I have been feeling lonelier as days go by and yes there’s the solution of getting a wife but I do not feel ready yet. So, I have me and I am not cutting it anymore. I had this whole idea that living alone would be fun but as I am seated here in darkness since KPLC has seen it fit to play with the lights, I have the desire to be with someone. You know, for someone to fill the void of silence that fills my space when I walk in through my door.

I think most humans are actually afraid of being alone. I suppose that’s why there has been this new lie going around called ‘solitude’. It’s okay to be alone but not that alone if you know what I mean. There’s that reggae song that sings, “No man is an island” and I think the composer understood the significance of friends in our lives. Friends, I have many of those. I can make one very fast but again churning the fires of friendship is becoming a trifling job and I am not cut out for it anymore. I have many, then I have a few and I have one and his name is Jesus (another haha moment). But yes I have these friends but they are not here at this particular moment.

I mean I can call one and talk for minutes since hours is a luxury I no longer have and this lonely feeling would pass but it would wait for me and I would have to face it again. Now, the question is, would it be a better idea to get an imaginary friend? Would I be transversing the realm of crazy if I did that? But again, I would no longer be alone as much since I would have this made-up character and I would feel as though I am never alone. It’s a funny theory and I guess I will make that choice tomorrow but tonight I call a friend and yap.

If you are alone then you can call me. I will probably not pick up but the idea will be cute. Talking of alone, today my peer got married. Ms. Wahinya or should I say Mrs. Masibo. Jesus Christ, my peers are really married. Ninazeeka… We from Blossom Gram congratulate you and wish you all the love and care that this new phase will need to sustain you.

Again, Love, Peace, and for God's sake lower the price of coffee!!!!

Love,

 

Thairu.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

SOMETHIN' STUPID

  My Little Haven, I know I stand in line Until you think you have the time To spend an evening with me And if we go some place to dance I know that there's a chance You won't be leaving with me Albert Schweitzer said that if you love something then you have to let it go and he didn’t say how much letting go hurts. One plus one isn’t adding up to two since explain this; I love you, but I have to let you go because of that love. Why? Is it because my love is wrong? Is it because I am underserving of your love? Or is the world adamant about me sacrificing everything I proclaim to love just to teach me some lesson I never care about?  The simple art of letting go is not simple at all. You have to take a deep breath and accept that your beloved shall be in the arms of another. That whatever you love will be loved better wherever it goes. That it will be taken care of better than you could ever do. But then what if you loved it unconditionally, do you still have to t

LET ME LOVE YOU NOW!

Babycakes, I think I finally met her. Well, she was always in my life but I never really thought of her in that light then I was walking in darkness and she became the light I ran to. I don’t know when I fell for her but I think I always held her to some higher regard compared to other ladies. She, my woman, (I get to say that my woman, my lady) is a ball of energy and I feel loved, accepted, and wanted by her. Everything comes easy with her, well, loving her is easy. Being loved by her feels easy. I am smiling as I write this since I can see her smile while looking at me with her hazel eyes… God her hazel eyes. I wonder if I ever felt seen before I met her. Was I actually seen before her? Maybe yes but I don’t think I care much about the ‘other’ eyes since being seen by these ones has been what I yearn for… Has been what I live for. I am genuinely glad whoever came before me fumbled because he didn’t know what a good thing he had lost. You're the one I love Every second th

END OF ME!

  Dearly Beloved, I will never be Somebody else’s I will always be Either entirely yours Or completely my own There is nothing else That I will ever find Beyond You and I. ~S.L. Gray~   I Love You! There I said it! It’s finally off my chest. I can now breathe. It feels like a weight has been lifted off my chest and I can smile again after being anguished by that which I could not admit. I have lied to myself that I don’t but here I am finally falling in truth and it feels good and sad at the same time since I still cannot say it to your face. I have desired to tell you this for a while now and I didn’t know how but I guess this does it. I Love You but You don’t; so, only I remains. It sucks being on this boat again, but I will find my shore once more, hopefully, a little bit faster than the first time. I say you don’t since I am afraid of you saying you do. What would I do with your love? How would I handle it? How would I fill you with love when I too l