Skip to main content

UFO!


Her: Why did you stop writing?

Him: ummmmmmmmm………..

 

Dear YOU,

Psst! It’s been a while. I have been riding the wave called life and I’ve capsized a couple of times and drowned then got myself back to shore and did it all over again. I had been doing this for a while then finally it was my anniversary. I have been here for 300 months, 9131 days, 219,144 hours, 13,148,640 minutes, 788,918,400 seconds. It has been a short but long time since I can’t remember most of the things that have happened over all those minutes.

A lot has happened over the years. I have been beaten, I have had a few misdirected crushes, I have loved, I have been loved, I have hated, I have been hated, I have cried, I have laughed, I have been sick and I have been healthy but above all else, I have been alive. I have lived.

I became what most people refer to as rebellious since I tend to do what I please. I refuted the idea of being controlled by experiences and advice from people who have not walked in my shoes. I refuted the idea of being afraid to try since I only get one shot at this life thing.

Life to me is a funny concept. We get born and what happens happens and we die. That’s odd, isn’t it? But I am expected to follow some manual created by the fears of men to limit myself and regret the life I lived when I die. That is sad and sadness is a whale that is ever ready to swallow you whole. You drown in it and finally die while searching for the light not knowing you were the actual light you were searching for.

It’s odd how everything you will ever need will come from you. Happiness, Zest for Life, Sadness, Joy, Patience… all these are in you, and like a game character you only need to level up and access more attributes. Now, most of us don’t know this. We never get the chance to know this as we get to live by the leash created by the homes we were born in.

There’s a channel on YouTube named; Soft White Underbelly and the host gets to navigate through the life choices of most of the characters and what led them to do what they did or are doing and the responses always have me shaken. My life is not so different from some of the characters but I was always conscious of where a certain road would lead me to. Sadly, most people do not have this compass. They do because they were told to do it, they think that way since they were taught to think like that and then since we do not have all this information about how they grew up we start judging them. Judging their choices, judging their thoughts, judging their way of life while being ignorant of the fact that they live their lives at peace knowing what they know and thinking their trained thoughts…

That is scary to me. I have always questioned everything; my faith, why I think that way, why you think that way, why I made that choice, why, why, why… and you also want to tell me that there are people who do not question anything!!!!!! They do it just because they were told to, they think since they were taught to…  Seems like a limited life to me, but a full life to them, and I must understand this.

But, that is my opinion. Growing up, I realized that how these ‘people’ lead their lives is none of my concern. They are content and if I impose my opinion on their lifestyle then that would make me the villain in their stories. Hence, I must walk through life accepting all these things and letting men be men.

So, why did I stop writing? I didn’t. I just got lost in the sea of trying to understand men. They are fascinating creatures. Some are moved by fear, others by curiosity and some just live silently and pass on silently too. They are human. Beautiful creatures that are loveable from a distance but you’d be full of disdain for them if you got too close.

I have learned, I am still learning to not impose my thoughts on men and just lead a life where I view them as “UFOs” (Understandable Fervent Ordeals).

 

Love,

 

Thairu. 

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

SOMETHIN' STUPID

  My Little Haven, I know I stand in line Until you think you have the time To spend an evening with me And if we go some place to dance I know that there's a chance You won't be leaving with me Albert Schweitzer said that if you love something then you have to let it go and he didn’t say how much letting go hurts. One plus one isn’t adding up to two since explain this; I love you, but I have to let you go because of that love. Why? Is it because my love is wrong? Is it because I am underserving of your love? Or is the world adamant about me sacrificing everything I proclaim to love just to teach me some lesson I never care about?  The simple art of letting go is not simple at all. You have to take a deep breath and accept that your beloved shall be in the arms of another. That whatever you love will be loved better wherever it goes. That it will be taken care of better than you could ever do. But then what if you loved it unconditionally, do you still have to t

LET ME LOVE YOU NOW!

Babycakes, I think I finally met her. Well, she was always in my life but I never really thought of her in that light then I was walking in darkness and she became the light I ran to. I don’t know when I fell for her but I think I always held her to some higher regard compared to other ladies. She, my woman, (I get to say that my woman, my lady) is a ball of energy and I feel loved, accepted, and wanted by her. Everything comes easy with her, well, loving her is easy. Being loved by her feels easy. I am smiling as I write this since I can see her smile while looking at me with her hazel eyes… God her hazel eyes. I wonder if I ever felt seen before I met her. Was I actually seen before her? Maybe yes but I don’t think I care much about the ‘other’ eyes since being seen by these ones has been what I yearn for… Has been what I live for. I am genuinely glad whoever came before me fumbled because he didn’t know what a good thing he had lost. You're the one I love Every second th

END OF ME!

  Dearly Beloved, I will never be Somebody else’s I will always be Either entirely yours Or completely my own There is nothing else That I will ever find Beyond You and I. ~S.L. Gray~   I Love You! There I said it! It’s finally off my chest. I can now breathe. It feels like a weight has been lifted off my chest and I can smile again after being anguished by that which I could not admit. I have lied to myself that I don’t but here I am finally falling in truth and it feels good and sad at the same time since I still cannot say it to your face. I have desired to tell you this for a while now and I didn’t know how but I guess this does it. I Love You but You don’t; so, only I remains. It sucks being on this boat again, but I will find my shore once more, hopefully, a little bit faster than the first time. I say you don’t since I am afraid of you saying you do. What would I do with your love? How would I handle it? How would I fill you with love when I too l