Skip to main content

DON'T YOU DARE!

 


My Darling,

I write this knowing you will be here at some point and I hope I will be well prepared for you. I have a huge scope of knowledge but I seem not to know how to use that knowledge well, or rather I am yet to know how to teach the things that I know.

I have loved and I have been loved and I promise nothing feels more heavenly than the embrace of the one you love. The way they look at you, and the way they talk and walk and smile, and the little things that they do that only you seem to see and feel and breathe and live and love.

Don't you even think of giving up

Don't you even

Don't you even say you've had enough

You're not leaving

There is also the other side of love; where they stop loving you. No one prepares you for this. It’s a wrecking ball as it crashes the utter foundations of your beliefs about love. You remain confused about what you did wrong as they try to convince you that it wasn’t your fault yet they do not want anything to do with you.

Girls have a tendency where they stop loving you but keep you by their side till they are healed, and then they break the news to you that they no longer love you. Now, my darling, there is nothing you can possibly do at this given moment. There is no way to redeem yourself from this choice and life has it that you have to accept it and move on.

Don't you know that lovers don't let go

No no no, not like that

Take your time but come back

The thing with love is it comes from you and so it becomes hard for you to stop something that came so naturally to you. Loving is like breathing. It just happens; So is love. They will leave you but you will wake up loving them, walk loving them, eat loving them, breathe loving them, love loving them and it will not make sense why they left as you believe that they loved you the same way you did them.

 

Devil put a gun to my face

Flip the tables when I'm leaning

Devil take it all with no shame

Let me lay till I'm done bleeding

You can take it all, but don't you dare take her

Knowing that someone made the choice to unlove you will hurt you. It’s an excruciating pain that no one can understand and please do not believe when someone says that they understand how you feel because they didn’t love like you did, so how would they understand the turmoil that your heart is in? They can relate but can never understand!  You will try to be okay as you will be certain that you can make them love you again but love is not forced; no amount of time can make someone love you if they don’t.

Acceptance will be the hardest part. Knowing that all the castles you built were for naught. Seeing them smile but not for you, seeing them smirk but not towards you, seeing them be who you love, loved, still love, will forever love but can never say it again since you might be derided for it. So, you are forced to accept but you will breathe love and live love but die from it hence it becomes an unchanging game of life and death with love.

Don't tell me that you lost it, but you don't know how

Cause you don't mean it

Don't tell that you used to hurt but now you're fine

Cause you still need me

The scriptures dictate that love is as strong as death and Solomon was right. They become the death of you when they no longer love you. The same person who needed you now doesn’t. The person who made your day now doesn’t. The person who loved you now doesn’t and yet you still love them and still need them but you can no longer have that. You will find yourself going far and wide trying to advocate that you are a good lover but it will be fanning the winds of desperation and become a useless exertion.

You will find yourself questioning if you deserve love? If you can love again? If you can be loved? And there might never be answers to the rhetorical yet important questions.

 

Don't you know that lovers don't let go

No no no, not like that

Take your time but come back

The drollest bit about life is that there are those whose lovers get to come back. I hope that yours never get to leave in the first place but if they do, then may they come back for you deserve love and are capable of loving and you can love.

But if they don’t come back then maybe it is for the best. Then maybe they were never meant to stay. Then it is not your fault for being unloved by them so don’t beat yourself up for them. You might never stop loving them but the pain of their loss becomes bearable and there gets to be the space to love others and be loved by others and enjoy the fruit that is love…

 

Love,

 

Thairu

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

SOMETHIN' STUPID

  My Little Haven, I know I stand in line Until you think you have the time To spend an evening with me And if we go some place to dance I know that there's a chance You won't be leaving with me Albert Schweitzer said that if you love something then you have to let it go and he didn’t say how much letting go hurts. One plus one isn’t adding up to two since explain this; I love you, but I have to let you go because of that love. Why? Is it because my love is wrong? Is it because I am underserving of your love? Or is the world adamant about me sacrificing everything I proclaim to love just to teach me some lesson I never care about?  The simple art of letting go is not simple at all. You have to take a deep breath and accept that your beloved shall be in the arms of another. That whatever you love will be loved better wherever it goes. That it will be taken care of better than you could ever do. But then what if you loved it unconditionally, do you still have to t

LET ME LOVE YOU NOW!

Babycakes, I think I finally met her. Well, she was always in my life but I never really thought of her in that light then I was walking in darkness and she became the light I ran to. I don’t know when I fell for her but I think I always held her to some higher regard compared to other ladies. She, my woman, (I get to say that my woman, my lady) is a ball of energy and I feel loved, accepted, and wanted by her. Everything comes easy with her, well, loving her is easy. Being loved by her feels easy. I am smiling as I write this since I can see her smile while looking at me with her hazel eyes… God her hazel eyes. I wonder if I ever felt seen before I met her. Was I actually seen before her? Maybe yes but I don’t think I care much about the ‘other’ eyes since being seen by these ones has been what I yearn for… Has been what I live for. I am genuinely glad whoever came before me fumbled because he didn’t know what a good thing he had lost. You're the one I love Every second th

END OF ME!

  Dearly Beloved, I will never be Somebody else’s I will always be Either entirely yours Or completely my own There is nothing else That I will ever find Beyond You and I. ~S.L. Gray~   I Love You! There I said it! It’s finally off my chest. I can now breathe. It feels like a weight has been lifted off my chest and I can smile again after being anguished by that which I could not admit. I have lied to myself that I don’t but here I am finally falling in truth and it feels good and sad at the same time since I still cannot say it to your face. I have desired to tell you this for a while now and I didn’t know how but I guess this does it. I Love You but You don’t; so, only I remains. It sucks being on this boat again, but I will find my shore once more, hopefully, a little bit faster than the first time. I say you don’t since I am afraid of you saying you do. What would I do with your love? How would I handle it? How would I fill you with love when I too l