Skip to main content

NJERI

 

Hey Njeri,

MaryAnne Njeri of house Ngure, Mother of six daughters and a son, Grandmother to yours truly and others, Protector of our hearts and peace, and a lady who could not hide fault but grill you for it. You will always remain in my heart and I will always Love You!

 

Njeri… You would probably smack me if I called you that. I miss you! It has taken me a while to finally write this but here I am, seated and getting some evening sun as I listen to Emile Mosseri. You probably don’t even know who Emile is but if there’s Spotify in heaven I’ll play you some of his best works. I’ve been sad, or rather broken but I had a project that made me forget for a while. I cleared it successfully and I found that the emotions had already settled and they offered me coffee as we discussed why I have ignored them.

The sun shone that day when I received the news. The world did not stop to acknowledge that a saint had left our midst. The birds still chirped and I still had to go toil. The moon rose that night and the clouds moved and we looked at each other in the house trying to be strong for each other or rather trying not to break since who would be able to piece us together when we did not know how to deal with your loss.

Then we buried you and;

The grief didn’t go away,

Life just got busy,

and the grief got shoved to the side.

Yeah, it feels as bad as it sounds,

But the world didn’t stop,

So, I had to keep going.

Even though it hurt so much that you are no longer with us,

I just had to keep going.

What choice did I have?

 

It sucked when you left since I had this idea that maybe you would meet my partner and watch me walk down the aisle lakini ulisema might as well do this in heaven. I cried alone when you left, then it hit that maybe you were having a blast in paradise meeting all these characters and maybe you haven’t had a chance to miss us, miss me… but I miss you.

You left on a Sunday and we laid you to rest on Saturday and it was funny and chaotic. People were everywhere. Your neighbors closed shop and came. Then these ladies adorned in white surrounded your coffin and sang these sweet melodies and praised you for your good works. We then laid flowers and it sucks that I never got to give you one but I plan to give one every time I visit. It defeats the point but I hope you shall receive them.

So, death created time

To grow the things that it would kill

They called you a bride as your body was been laid and the beautiful and tough moments we shared flashed in my head. Hurts that I won’t have you to nag me about githeri anymore, or maybe about me running away from my chores only to come back in the evening all dirty and starved and then screaming at me as you washed my feet and offered me a meal. It’s crazy how I took all that for granted and never thanked you.

I was shocked to know you were over Eighty. What do you mean you were that old!!! Jesus, you were faster than me and that is embarrassing to say but you beat me to a race against bees, and to date that does not make sense to me. My Gikuyu got better, and I loved how you learned Swahili for us to communicate better; You really exerted yourself to show us how much you loved us. You were really the best grandma anyone could ask for.

I regret not seeing you these last few months when you were ailing and that might haunt me forever but I ask that you may forgive me. I finally got to experience grief as I had to watch your daughter break almost every day as she praised you. You were a blessing to us and I am genuinely happy to have experienced you. The laughter, the lessons, the nagging, the good food, are a few things I will carry forever.

So, pray for us when you remember us. Pray for us that we may not lose that which you carried. I am as stubborn as you were so I have that. I only yearn for patience and hopefully, I will get it. Rest with the angels' grandma, you had a beautiful journey and it makes me glad to know that when my time is nigh, I shall meet you there. Hopefully, the new body comes with faster feet so that I can beat you to a race up there.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

 

Comments

  1. Life will never be the same without..I wish you waited for me just to hug you 😥am not sure if am okey just the time I got to have you death came knowing maybe I was born 😭😭 until I say the place you are sleeping I know you are still alive

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

SOMETHIN' STUPID

  My Little Haven, I know I stand in line Until you think you have the time To spend an evening with me And if we go some place to dance I know that there's a chance You won't be leaving with me Albert Schweitzer said that if you love something then you have to let it go and he didn’t say how much letting go hurts. One plus one isn’t adding up to two since explain this; I love you, but I have to let you go because of that love. Why? Is it because my love is wrong? Is it because I am underserving of your love? Or is the world adamant about me sacrificing everything I proclaim to love just to teach me some lesson I never care about?  The simple art of letting go is not simple at all. You have to take a deep breath and accept that your beloved shall be in the arms of another. That whatever you love will be loved better wherever it goes. That it will be taken care of better than you could ever do. But then what if you loved it unconditionally, do you still have to t

LET ME LOVE YOU NOW!

Babycakes, I think I finally met her. Well, she was always in my life but I never really thought of her in that light then I was walking in darkness and she became the light I ran to. I don’t know when I fell for her but I think I always held her to some higher regard compared to other ladies. She, my woman, (I get to say that my woman, my lady) is a ball of energy and I feel loved, accepted, and wanted by her. Everything comes easy with her, well, loving her is easy. Being loved by her feels easy. I am smiling as I write this since I can see her smile while looking at me with her hazel eyes… God her hazel eyes. I wonder if I ever felt seen before I met her. Was I actually seen before her? Maybe yes but I don’t think I care much about the ‘other’ eyes since being seen by these ones has been what I yearn for… Has been what I live for. I am genuinely glad whoever came before me fumbled because he didn’t know what a good thing he had lost. You're the one I love Every second th

END OF ME!

  Dearly Beloved, I will never be Somebody else’s I will always be Either entirely yours Or completely my own There is nothing else That I will ever find Beyond You and I. ~S.L. Gray~   I Love You! There I said it! It’s finally off my chest. I can now breathe. It feels like a weight has been lifted off my chest and I can smile again after being anguished by that which I could not admit. I have lied to myself that I don’t but here I am finally falling in truth and it feels good and sad at the same time since I still cannot say it to your face. I have desired to tell you this for a while now and I didn’t know how but I guess this does it. I Love You but You don’t; so, only I remains. It sucks being on this boat again, but I will find my shore once more, hopefully, a little bit faster than the first time. I say you don’t since I am afraid of you saying you do. What would I do with your love? How would I handle it? How would I fill you with love when I too l