Skip to main content

ABSENCE!



Everything that you love,

You will eventually lose,

But in the end,

Love will return in a different form.

                        ~Franz Kafka~

My Darling,

Some scholars defined you as, “the state of being away from a place or person”, but I wonder how you can feel too far away when I have you by my side. I am lonely yet not alone and I have you with me but your presence has no meaning. Thomas Haynes Bayly lied when he said that absence makes the heart grow fonder since your absence tears my heart to pieces and I have not the strength to pick them up. I have no desire to rebuild again; I want to wallow in this pain and die in the memory of us.

Maybe Thomas Haynes never loved like I do; because where is the good in absence; the state of being away from someone you love. They are there but you cannot reach them and even if you did it wouldn’t be the same. Another did say that we can never find the same person twice, not even in the same person, and clearly, that adds to the pile of dust that is being dumped on my already trashed heart.

But the thing is, even if I could go back,

I wouldn’t belong there anymore.

~Ccz~

I hate how we do not have manuals when we are born; I would really like to know what to do in this chapter of my life. This never-ending urge to have her by my side, this desire to be loved and to love and to hold and to be held and to… and to… and to breathe and know I am chosen and know she will always be by my side and me by hers and know that I will choose her all the days of my life but I am left to gamble with life, gamble with choices, gamble with hearts, gamble with my partner… This makes life seem like a game of roulette and I don’t know how to play but the croupier just asked for my draw and I have to play…

You leave this bed just like a woman

You leave your body here too

When winter comes around again someday it's without you

You leave behind a man who's crying

Until it's his time too

I'll stay behind and sing the songs of better times and think of you

 

Absence comes with the wish of turning back time to see if you would have done things differently. It has you wishing for a beautiful future and promises that seem to be forgotten and then remembered when our hearts are crushed. Absence comes with a bottle of regret and hate for all we couldn’t do and the glass of pain of misery by its side to help you swallow your sorrows in small pints till you give in and surrender to loss.

Now I think I understand you my darling

And all the things you tried to say

Once you'll have to let your love leave without you

And not because they don't want to stay

 

At times I wonder who leaves first. Maybe I was the one who was absent and never saw her; then she found solace in another or herself and when I came back she was already gone. Maybe I am to blame for my loss. Maybe I am the one who brought this wound to my love but the truth is I never left so why should I be the one to be left all alone seeking closure and trying to be okay.

But what if my absence made her find herself. What if she realized who she is and what she carries when she left. But I wonder why my loss should benefit another; why can’t she be her new self by my side? I am human, I am selfish with what I love and whoever says we should share what we love clearly does not love enough, and I know life would be beautiful with her by my side but I wonder if life would be beautiful if I was by her side?

The sun will rise again tomorrow

Just like it doesn't understand

That you have left and all that's left for us to do is sing for you

I may accept this loss but I should try and accommodate this new-found love called absence and keep her in till she decides to leave; well, they all leave, so maybe she will too…

Now I think I understand you my darling

And all the things you tried to say

Once you'll have to let your love leave without you

And not because they don't want to stay

This heart business is tough but maybe I’ll hack it and create a manual for my successors. Maybe create a space for absence, a space for regret, a room for tears of what could have been if we were angels since being human is clearly tough and maybe the utopia of loving as we want to would be a beautiful end for most of us … well for me.

But till then I will kiss absence goodnight and drown myself in music…

Of course, I’ll hurt you,

Of course, you’ll hurt me,

Of course, we will hurt each other,

But this is the very condition of existence,

To become spring means accepting the risk of winter,

To become present means accepting the risk of absence!

  

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 

The first half of the year has gone by so fast; This is my 51st piece and I am genuinely very proud of myself. Procrastination and Inconsistency still leech on to me but I will be free of their curse at some point. I don’t know what the second half of the year has in store but I hope it's more pieces, maybe hit 70 by the end of the year, but I will wait and see.

Till then stay committed to your craft and chose love even when it doesn’t choose you; the world will smile your way at some point and you’ll see the beauty of life. Be blessed!

Yours,

 

 

Thairu.

Comments

  1. I absolutely love love love your blogs.
    Right back to you, stay committed to your craft. It blesses souls.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

SOMETHIN' STUPID

  My Little Haven, I know I stand in line Until you think you have the time To spend an evening with me And if we go some place to dance I know that there's a chance You won't be leaving with me Albert Schweitzer said that if you love something then you have to let it go and he didn’t say how much letting go hurts. One plus one isn’t adding up to two since explain this; I love you, but I have to let you go because of that love. Why? Is it because my love is wrong? Is it because I am underserving of your love? Or is the world adamant about me sacrificing everything I proclaim to love just to teach me some lesson I never care about?  The simple art of letting go is not simple at all. You have to take a deep breath and accept that your beloved shall be in the arms of another. That whatever you love will be loved better wherever it goes. That it will be taken care of better than you could ever do. But then what if you loved it unconditionally, do you still have to t

LET ME LOVE YOU NOW!

Babycakes, I think I finally met her. Well, she was always in my life but I never really thought of her in that light then I was walking in darkness and she became the light I ran to. I don’t know when I fell for her but I think I always held her to some higher regard compared to other ladies. She, my woman, (I get to say that my woman, my lady) is a ball of energy and I feel loved, accepted, and wanted by her. Everything comes easy with her, well, loving her is easy. Being loved by her feels easy. I am smiling as I write this since I can see her smile while looking at me with her hazel eyes… God her hazel eyes. I wonder if I ever felt seen before I met her. Was I actually seen before her? Maybe yes but I don’t think I care much about the ‘other’ eyes since being seen by these ones has been what I yearn for… Has been what I live for. I am genuinely glad whoever came before me fumbled because he didn’t know what a good thing he had lost. You're the one I love Every second th

END OF ME!

  Dearly Beloved, I will never be Somebody else’s I will always be Either entirely yours Or completely my own There is nothing else That I will ever find Beyond You and I. ~S.L. Gray~   I Love You! There I said it! It’s finally off my chest. I can now breathe. It feels like a weight has been lifted off my chest and I can smile again after being anguished by that which I could not admit. I have lied to myself that I don’t but here I am finally falling in truth and it feels good and sad at the same time since I still cannot say it to your face. I have desired to tell you this for a while now and I didn’t know how but I guess this does it. I Love You but You don’t; so, only I remains. It sucks being on this boat again, but I will find my shore once more, hopefully, a little bit faster than the first time. I say you don’t since I am afraid of you saying you do. What would I do with your love? How would I handle it? How would I fill you with love when I too l