Skip to main content

21

 



I wanna turn back time,

Tell you I’m wrong,

Don’t wanna waste my nights,

Singing sad songs,

I’ll spend a lifetime wishing I’d stayed

But it’s a little too late to tell you that, babe.

How could I let you fall through my hands?

I should have held you when I had the chance,

I’ll spend a lifetime wishing I’d stayed,

But it’s a little too late to tell you that, babe.

 

Alhabib Ghalia,

I have placed a lot of thought into my first piece this year but I just couldn’t shake the urge to write about how it’s been 1 year, 3 months, and 27 days since she left. I brought it upon myself or rather I could have handled things differently but I didn’t. Well, the right words are I did not know how to handle the situation differently and the only way I knew how to sort the issue out was not good. So, whom should I blame? Myself or me from 484 days ago.

Yellow: She was naïve

Grey: Who

Yellow: Me from a while back

Grey: Was she naïve though

Yellow: Yes, I was stupid at the time

Grey: Hmmm… Did you think you were stupid or naïve at the time when all this happened?

Yellow: No…

Grey: Then why should you judge yourself for not knowing any better?

 

My heart sank when she left and I think I beat myself up for so long because I should have said this and that but I didn’t. Well, I did not know how to do that and I don’t think I deserved the hurtful things I told myself. I think none of us deserve to feel ashamed because we did not know how to do or deal with something and it cost us a relationship. Someone said that silence is a response and I felt conflicted. What if I don’t know what to say, or I am at a loss for words yet you perceive my silence as an answer to my “incompetence”.

I read that a man without options is a slave to his circumstances but how many of us have such options to pick out from. We might be tagged as ignorant or naïve but the truth is some of us don’t know how to deal with things. We are the same but entirely different and this is the paradox of what we are as humans. Some of us are quick to change but some of us are incapable of it hence the only thing we can hope for is we get people who love us regardless of who we are.

I loved you in a way,

I wished someone,

Would love me…

It is not wrong when our loved ones choose not to come back to us after we mess up. I believe it is their way of choosing themselves yet we might try to convince ourselves that they hate us but I think that they don’t. Well, some of us deserve that hate since we caused them a lot of pain. But I think it’s okay if they never come back to us. We may change and try to win them back but regardless of our change; we did cause them pain and we need to give them enough time to heal.

I suppose that time gets to be our consequence. We get to experience some sort of hurt as a recompense for our sins.  But then again when do we get to be taken back? When do we get to show them how much we have changed? Or does it never matter that we do? Funny enough MacKampa did say;

'Cause time is a healer, but there's nothing to mend

We live and we learn with no regrets

The road that we follow with painted white lines

Split into crossroads, but I've chosen a side

But I beg to differ. We live and we learn but I do have my regrets. Learning gives me options and choices and I can’t help but think I should have dealt with something differently but I will never get that chance. I want to remain a slave to my circumstance. I want to remain naïve and never know there was a way I would have saved my heart from hurt. I want to know I tried and my efforts were substantial and there was no way to revert what had happened. I want to live without the thought of what if. I want… I want… but we evolve and acceptance leaves a bitter taste.

I can’t forget you,

Not because I have a strong memory,

But because I have a heart that never denies

Those who settled in it once.

Well, I suppose we get to accept this as our new reality. A life without her, without them;

And I fear that my place gets taken by some other one,

Very lucky and not too shy,

Who flirts with your eyes,

While I am the one who’s crazy about them.

 

 

 

Anyways, I wish you all a good year ahead of you. It's been 10 days since the year started and from me to you, “HAPPY NEW YEAR BELOVED”. I hope the year brings more growth and peace to our hearts and may we get to share the love with all around us.

I am excited about all the new pieces I am yet to know how or what to write. This is the first time I have written without a song, I was moved by Mahmoud’s writing and I ended up reading most of his poems. My personal best is "in the presence of absence". Beautiful read.

Thanks to all of you who have been with me through the three years I have been here. May God bless you and may you receive all the virtual love I am sending your way.

Love,

 

 

Thairu.

 

Comments

  1. Wow! Just wow! I am dumbfounded. This piece is so deep it took me a long way back.

    Happy New Year Mwalimu ❤️

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow amazing....Happy new year too🥳

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

SOMETHIN' STUPID

  My Little Haven, I know I stand in line Until you think you have the time To spend an evening with me And if we go some place to dance I know that there's a chance You won't be leaving with me Albert Schweitzer said that if you love something then you have to let it go and he didn’t say how much letting go hurts. One plus one isn’t adding up to two since explain this; I love you, but I have to let you go because of that love. Why? Is it because my love is wrong? Is it because I am underserving of your love? Or is the world adamant about me sacrificing everything I proclaim to love just to teach me some lesson I never care about?  The simple art of letting go is not simple at all. You have to take a deep breath and accept that your beloved shall be in the arms of another. That whatever you love will be loved better wherever it goes. That it will be taken care of better than you could ever do. But then what if you loved it unconditionally, do you still have to t

LET ME LOVE YOU NOW!

Babycakes, I think I finally met her. Well, she was always in my life but I never really thought of her in that light then I was walking in darkness and she became the light I ran to. I don’t know when I fell for her but I think I always held her to some higher regard compared to other ladies. She, my woman, (I get to say that my woman, my lady) is a ball of energy and I feel loved, accepted, and wanted by her. Everything comes easy with her, well, loving her is easy. Being loved by her feels easy. I am smiling as I write this since I can see her smile while looking at me with her hazel eyes… God her hazel eyes. I wonder if I ever felt seen before I met her. Was I actually seen before her? Maybe yes but I don’t think I care much about the ‘other’ eyes since being seen by these ones has been what I yearn for… Has been what I live for. I am genuinely glad whoever came before me fumbled because he didn’t know what a good thing he had lost. You're the one I love Every second th

END OF ME!

  Dearly Beloved, I will never be Somebody else’s I will always be Either entirely yours Or completely my own There is nothing else That I will ever find Beyond You and I. ~S.L. Gray~   I Love You! There I said it! It’s finally off my chest. I can now breathe. It feels like a weight has been lifted off my chest and I can smile again after being anguished by that which I could not admit. I have lied to myself that I don’t but here I am finally falling in truth and it feels good and sad at the same time since I still cannot say it to your face. I have desired to tell you this for a while now and I didn’t know how but I guess this does it. I Love You but You don’t; so, only I remains. It sucks being on this boat again, but I will find my shore once more, hopefully, a little bit faster than the first time. I say you don’t since I am afraid of you saying you do. What would I do with your love? How would I handle it? How would I fill you with love when I too l