Skip to main content

LOVING LIFE

 

And when nobody wakes you up in the morning,

And when nobody waits for you at night,

And when you can do whatever you want,

What do you call it?

Freedom or Loneliness?

 

Dear Life,

I’ve been thinking lately about what you are. So, I took it upon myself to enquire about who people thought you were and the answers were sad and depressing. I did not find anyone who claimed that you were good. All of them claimed that all the bad things that had happened to them was their definition of you. (I found it sad that they did not know that you made SZA go through a heartbreak and she released SOS… it's all about finding happiness in everything)  

So, is life all pain? Is it the bad that happens to us? Is it the realization that nothing matters no matter how much we try? What is it really?...

I consider life as what happens during my day or night. I try not to dwell on the bad or the good, I just view it as things that just are. So today I didn’t have lunch, okay… Today I found those Mill Bakers cakes, okay… Today this or that happened, okay. I argued with someone I love, and that felt bad but I apologized and I am okay with that. I have grown to not dwell on all these good or bad things as they are fickle and prone to change very fast. Hence, the question, am I the odd one here?

I get it that some of us never have a moment of peace in our lives but should we really define that as life. Does life mean the embodiment of unpeaceful cycles for you? Should it mean that we deserve all the bad things that happen to us? Do we really deserve it? I wish there was a number we would call to have all these questions answered but I guess life chose not to get a phone.

Some of us have it easy. They never have a moment of lack and they lead such lives till they draw their last breath and you are left to wonder why this isn’t the same for all of us. I will ask my kids what life is since I will make this a reality for them but considering they will be my seed they might emulate this odd way of living or maybe it's common and I don’t know it.

But again, I think that life is what we choose it to be. If I choose to dwell on the negative then that is all I will always get. If I choose to dwell on the positive then I will find joy in the most minuscule of things in my life. So, does the definition of life change from what is to what we choose it to be. I personally do not think that we should lead a cycle of waking and sleeping only to dwell on the bad things that life is.

Some if not most of us have gone through some very painful experiences in life caused by our loved ones or maybe by some side characters in their our and we have grown to be adults living with a heart full of spite for these people. And nothing is more motivating as spite in life. Maybe most of us do not even know they walk harboring spite but it has them motivated to do all these grand things just to stick it to these characters who hurt them. The saddest thing about spite is whoever you are spiteful of, probably doesn’t care, they have their own share of problems, and it's not in their life’s agenda to give a hoot about your spite, but the realization of this adds salt to the wound and we get to be extreme about it.

 

Earn: I love spite. It’s a pure powerful thing. It gave me courage. You know, I can count on it.

Doe: Spite can be… Spite can be very powerful, but it can also leave you depressed and empty.

Doe: Goals stop becoming yours. You start becoming a book written by someone else. Someone with no incentive for your well-being.

Doe: Thus, by carrying around spite you might be proving something to them and not to yourself. Your life lacks meaning as it isn’t yours anymore but becomes a cycle of getting new ways to hurt others.

Earn: Yeah Maybe

 

Yes, life has been hard. Yes, you were hurt. Yes, all these unfair things happened to you. Yes, you have your own share of sad events; But all this shouldn’t define what life is. Walking with a biased definition of something makes us blind to the truth. Maybe we should walk through life experiencing all the moments we have and share them with those around us. Maybe, even when we have those dark days we should look for the light, even the glimmer of it, and by the off-chance that we do not find that light then we shouldn’t be afraid to walk out in search of it.

So, to those of us who walk around with hurt, who walk around with spite, who have gone through painful ordeals, I am sorry. Maybe we will never get to hear these words from them we want to hear them from but I hope this suffices. Let us try to not dwell on the unfair things happening to us or around us but rather have a moment and appreciate the fact that we get to live another day to fight or try again.

Constantly defining life as pain will make us teach the same to our kids and we both know we want to show them that life is not all about that but for this to happen then you need to first walk in this light. I hope we all understand the point I am trying to get across, and if you don’t then re-read it. If that doesn’t work then re-read again after a week.

Also, the year is coming to an end and Ronaldo cried today, All I want for Christmas is Messi kissing the World Cup, so if there’s Santa then I have been a good person this year and I think I deserve that.

 

Comments

  1. We don't talk about how sometimes it's hard to see the bright side of something when you've been constantly doing the right thing yet life keeps effing you up

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

SOMETHIN' STUPID

  My Little Haven, I know I stand in line Until you think you have the time To spend an evening with me And if we go some place to dance I know that there's a chance You won't be leaving with me Albert Schweitzer said that if you love something then you have to let it go and he didn’t say how much letting go hurts. One plus one isn’t adding up to two since explain this; I love you, but I have to let you go because of that love. Why? Is it because my love is wrong? Is it because I am underserving of your love? Or is the world adamant about me sacrificing everything I proclaim to love just to teach me some lesson I never care about?  The simple art of letting go is not simple at all. You have to take a deep breath and accept that your beloved shall be in the arms of another. That whatever you love will be loved better wherever it goes. That it will be taken care of better than you could ever do. But then what if you loved it unconditionally, do you still have to t

LET ME LOVE YOU NOW!

Babycakes, I think I finally met her. Well, she was always in my life but I never really thought of her in that light then I was walking in darkness and she became the light I ran to. I don’t know when I fell for her but I think I always held her to some higher regard compared to other ladies. She, my woman, (I get to say that my woman, my lady) is a ball of energy and I feel loved, accepted, and wanted by her. Everything comes easy with her, well, loving her is easy. Being loved by her feels easy. I am smiling as I write this since I can see her smile while looking at me with her hazel eyes… God her hazel eyes. I wonder if I ever felt seen before I met her. Was I actually seen before her? Maybe yes but I don’t think I care much about the ‘other’ eyes since being seen by these ones has been what I yearn for… Has been what I live for. I am genuinely glad whoever came before me fumbled because he didn’t know what a good thing he had lost. You're the one I love Every second th

END OF ME!

  Dearly Beloved, I will never be Somebody else’s I will always be Either entirely yours Or completely my own There is nothing else That I will ever find Beyond You and I. ~S.L. Gray~   I Love You! There I said it! It’s finally off my chest. I can now breathe. It feels like a weight has been lifted off my chest and I can smile again after being anguished by that which I could not admit. I have lied to myself that I don’t but here I am finally falling in truth and it feels good and sad at the same time since I still cannot say it to your face. I have desired to tell you this for a while now and I didn’t know how but I guess this does it. I Love You but You don’t; so, only I remains. It sucks being on this boat again, but I will find my shore once more, hopefully, a little bit faster than the first time. I say you don’t since I am afraid of you saying you do. What would I do with your love? How would I handle it? How would I fill you with love when I too l