Skip to main content

GORDIAN KNOTS

 



Hello,

John: Quick question?

Doe: Ahaa

John: So, umm are you controlling?

Doe: Nope or I don’t think I am. I am territorial

John: What does that mean? Territorial…

Doe: It means (he went on about it but I didn’t really understand what he said)

John: Okay okay. So what does that mean?

Doe: That I am territorial and not controlling…

 

I am controlling. I don’t like it when things related to my life do not move in a way that I can’t predict. It’s a problem I know but I am willing to accept help for it. I like control and I can offer up so many justifiable reasons why it should be allowed when I am involved but it is still wrong if I take this control to another person.

I am right and they are wrong. I have gone through it and I know that is wrong but I happened to meet people who continuously defy me and do as they please and I am left to accept it and move forward. This is a very toxic trait and yes I will need all the help I can get for it but I don’t think it's all wrong. I happen to not want my peers to get hurt by a flame that once burnt me and when I suggest that they shouldn’t touch it then it comes off as “control”.

On the other hand, there’s love. Being controlling whilst in a relationship. How are we supposed to protect our partners from bad friends or red flag tendencies that they happen to think are okay since they have led their lives that way for so long that the red flags are what they define as okay?

Was I cold?

Went to hold you, but I wanted to control you

Paranoid

What's wrong with me?

Why am I pointing out everything wrong with you?

Let's talk about last night, who were you with?

Why didn't you answer me?

All of these questions, criticizing

You bring out the worst in me

 

How do you deal with a partner who doesn’t want to change? Do you become complacent and watch them spiral down and watch them break then fight the urge to tell them, “I told you so” but then this would be you adding salt to their wound? Isn’t it? So, should we leave them and hope they will change? But what if they never change and continue on this ‘bad’ road and now you feel guilty and wonder if you would have done something differently, maybe you could have given them more time to change. But time isn’t fair. It just moves!

The problem with you is

That I can't get you off my mind

And I think about you all the time

It's your fault that I don't feel right

The problem with you is

That you're all that I dream about

And you're not right here right now

Took a minute, but I figured it out

The problem with me is you

 

Now let’s be logical about this. We love them, and we care for them so how do we get them to view life through our lens? But again, what if what I consider right or wrong is biased? No, wait… I am contradicting myself. I trust my gut and I know that this and that is wrong but how do I bring it across in a way that won’t seem controlling?

The guy who said that communication is the key clearly hadn’t come across a door that had a hundred padlocks. Some of us aren’t okay with communication. They will choose to deal with things their way and it has worked for them for a long time and they are convinced that that is right for them then you try to introduce communication to them and all your rants fall on deaf ears. But none of you are wrong; it just so happens that both of you deal with things differently.

So, another question pops up. Should we love the people who prefer communication like us and leave the silent ones to themselves? But these damn hearts will still want these silent people who make our hearts race and minds spiral around how mysterious they are and finally we end up breaking our hearts since we all watched Tinkerbell growing up and she sub-consciously convinced us that we can fix anything and everyone. So, I blame Disney for this!!!!

Now I understand why I feel this way

You're the one to blame, you should be ashamed

You should be ashamed

Now I understand why I feel this way

You're the one to blame, you should be ashamed

You should be ashamed

The problem with me is you

Or maybe all of us are wrong and we all have our paths in life and we happen to meet all these different people just to love them and not ask for more. Not ask for them to change if they don’t want to, to accept them as they are and just flow through life like a river and be still. Maybe just understand that men will give you joy and they will give you pain, and pray that the latter doesn’t come as much.

But again, I might be wrong in viewing life this way. So maybe we should just let life be!!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

SOMETHIN' STUPID

  My Little Haven, I know I stand in line Until you think you have the time To spend an evening with me And if we go some place to dance I know that there's a chance You won't be leaving with me Albert Schweitzer said that if you love something then you have to let it go and he didn’t say how much letting go hurts. One plus one isn’t adding up to two since explain this; I love you, but I have to let you go because of that love. Why? Is it because my love is wrong? Is it because I am underserving of your love? Or is the world adamant about me sacrificing everything I proclaim to love just to teach me some lesson I never care about?  The simple art of letting go is not simple at all. You have to take a deep breath and accept that your beloved shall be in the arms of another. That whatever you love will be loved better wherever it goes. That it will be taken care of better than you could ever do. But then what if you loved it unconditionally, do you still have to t

LET ME LOVE YOU NOW!

Babycakes, I think I finally met her. Well, she was always in my life but I never really thought of her in that light then I was walking in darkness and she became the light I ran to. I don’t know when I fell for her but I think I always held her to some higher regard compared to other ladies. She, my woman, (I get to say that my woman, my lady) is a ball of energy and I feel loved, accepted, and wanted by her. Everything comes easy with her, well, loving her is easy. Being loved by her feels easy. I am smiling as I write this since I can see her smile while looking at me with her hazel eyes… God her hazel eyes. I wonder if I ever felt seen before I met her. Was I actually seen before her? Maybe yes but I don’t think I care much about the ‘other’ eyes since being seen by these ones has been what I yearn for… Has been what I live for. I am genuinely glad whoever came before me fumbled because he didn’t know what a good thing he had lost. You're the one I love Every second th

END OF ME!

  Dearly Beloved, I will never be Somebody else’s I will always be Either entirely yours Or completely my own There is nothing else That I will ever find Beyond You and I. ~S.L. Gray~   I Love You! There I said it! It’s finally off my chest. I can now breathe. It feels like a weight has been lifted off my chest and I can smile again after being anguished by that which I could not admit. I have lied to myself that I don’t but here I am finally falling in truth and it feels good and sad at the same time since I still cannot say it to your face. I have desired to tell you this for a while now and I didn’t know how but I guess this does it. I Love You but You don’t; so, only I remains. It sucks being on this boat again, but I will find my shore once more, hopefully, a little bit faster than the first time. I say you don’t since I am afraid of you saying you do. What would I do with your love? How would I handle it? How would I fill you with love when I too l