Skip to main content

RETROSPECT

 


I can't tell where your hair ends and mine begins

If I ain't have all these tattoos, I would think that it's your skin

If I move too quick, and pass you, I would think it's my reflection

Being this close isn't close enough

You can tell every time we touch, every time we, oh

 

Hey,

It’s cold tonight. I don’t how long Kehlani has been playing but it has not been long enough. Clay Walker once said, “live, laugh, love repeat” and I think that is harder than it sounds. To live is to suffer. Whoah that’s dark but hear me out; suffering is defined as experiencing or being subjected to (something bad or unpleasant). So, does knowing what you want but lack the power to have it equate to suffering? I think it does or maybe I am at a point in my life where I confuse suffering with whatever it is I am feeling. I owe it to myself and to everyone to define this and maybe when I finally understand it I shall edit this piece.

I think nothing breaks your heart than knowing that what you yearn for is something other people already have and there’s a chance you might never have it. Yes, maybe I am too young but again I am too old. Well, I have been here 23 years, that’s younger than most but also older than most. So, life has been tough for a while then it married suffering and birthed emotional suffering.

Suffering to most folks can be related to money, but I think money comes at some point then goes then comes then stays then it plays this game with you when you do not have the right tools to keep a stable relationship with it, but emotional suffering is different. It comes and it stays, and it stays then you get help and it becomes mature and maybe it makes or breaks you. There is a thin line to what it might become but hopefully, it gets to make us better.

You can be having a good day then just one thing tics you off and boom you are all over your head, on the verge of a breakdown, questioning if all the work you have put in place was all for nothing. Emotional suffering has you walking in retrospect (I just had to use this word) then it fades and you are back to being “happy” again or maybe it's winging it till the next time your child comes to visit. But again, I think I have gone through some challenging situations in life and all this might be child’s play in comparison to the rest but again if I start downplaying my emotions then I will fuel the suffering.  So, does acknowledgment help… Maybe or maybe not.

To laugh; I saw a lady laugh just because her husband was laughing and it was really scary but also reassuring to see her try to fan her husband’s belief that he is funny. He is not but she’ll never tell him that. Now, laughing is what I do whenever I am uncomfortable or maybe I am unable to handle the things going on around me. So, is my laugh genuine or not; maybe or maybe not but then who has the time to figure all this out when you can just laugh at your problems and then sort them out or ignore them long enough that you forget them. (This doesn’t work).

Wish I could build me a cute apartment

One-bedroom right where your heart is

Empty space feels broken-hearted

Across the bed feels way too far and

I wonder when they see just one, do they see us two?

Ooh, oh-whoa, whoa

 

To love; I enjoy love. I love writing. It gives me a sense of purpose. I still haven’t figured out my goal yet but I think this can also work. Writing… it’s different every time, I am moved by different circumstances to write and I love the moment I get to sit and my fingers just type as I vibe to whoever I have loved that day. Love is also understanding that not all you love will be yours. Maybe some of us already figured this out but for those of us like me who know this now then we can take all the time we need to finally move in acceptance. This doesn’t necessarily mean that we should stop loving; they do say that every dog has its day, so maybe we will get our moments to experience all that we love and I hope we won’t be emotionally absent!

Where do you end?

Where do I begin?

Start over again

Feels like we're meltin', meltin'

Where do you end?

Where do I begin?

Start over again

Feels like we're meltin', meltin'

So maybe the quote should read to live, to wing it, to write. I think we should all define our lives, define what we want and how that works for us. Define who we want to be and if we can’t measure up then we define that as the new level we have achieved. We should not let society or the media downgrade our efforts. It's beautiful to see people work on themselves, them working with accessible tools, then being men who change before they are too old to be dogs that cannot learn new tricks.

I just remembered my boy sensei, I’ll have to give him a call and hope he is well. Be safe and define your journey no matter how dim things might be. Also, listen to Melt and maybe cry or laugh or do both.

Love,

 

Thairu. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

SOMETHIN' STUPID

  My Little Haven, I know I stand in line Until you think you have the time To spend an evening with me And if we go some place to dance I know that there's a chance You won't be leaving with me Albert Schweitzer said that if you love something then you have to let it go and he didn’t say how much letting go hurts. One plus one isn’t adding up to two since explain this; I love you, but I have to let you go because of that love. Why? Is it because my love is wrong? Is it because I am underserving of your love? Or is the world adamant about me sacrificing everything I proclaim to love just to teach me some lesson I never care about?  The simple art of letting go is not simple at all. You have to take a deep breath and accept that your beloved shall be in the arms of another. That whatever you love will be loved better wherever it goes. That it will be taken care of better than you could ever do. But then what if you loved it unconditionally, do you still have to t

LET ME LOVE YOU NOW!

Babycakes, I think I finally met her. Well, she was always in my life but I never really thought of her in that light then I was walking in darkness and she became the light I ran to. I don’t know when I fell for her but I think I always held her to some higher regard compared to other ladies. She, my woman, (I get to say that my woman, my lady) is a ball of energy and I feel loved, accepted, and wanted by her. Everything comes easy with her, well, loving her is easy. Being loved by her feels easy. I am smiling as I write this since I can see her smile while looking at me with her hazel eyes… God her hazel eyes. I wonder if I ever felt seen before I met her. Was I actually seen before her? Maybe yes but I don’t think I care much about the ‘other’ eyes since being seen by these ones has been what I yearn for… Has been what I live for. I am genuinely glad whoever came before me fumbled because he didn’t know what a good thing he had lost. You're the one I love Every second th

END OF ME!

  Dearly Beloved, I will never be Somebody else’s I will always be Either entirely yours Or completely my own There is nothing else That I will ever find Beyond You and I. ~S.L. Gray~   I Love You! There I said it! It’s finally off my chest. I can now breathe. It feels like a weight has been lifted off my chest and I can smile again after being anguished by that which I could not admit. I have lied to myself that I don’t but here I am finally falling in truth and it feels good and sad at the same time since I still cannot say it to your face. I have desired to tell you this for a while now and I didn’t know how but I guess this does it. I Love You but You don’t; so, only I remains. It sucks being on this boat again, but I will find my shore once more, hopefully, a little bit faster than the first time. I say you don’t since I am afraid of you saying you do. What would I do with your love? How would I handle it? How would I fill you with love when I too l