Skip to main content

HATING LOVE!




 Hunter: When have you felt your weakest?

Pierce: (sighs) I was in love once with this one girl.

Pierce: I saw my entire future with her. When we decided to like break things off, she came over to my house and I just held her. We just leaned against my car and I just held her, just knowing that like this is the last time I’m gonna hug her for… probably ever.

Pierce: I… was honestly mad at myself for how weak I felt. Now I’m a lot less susceptible to falling in love.

Hunter: Do you think you will always be in love with this girl?

Pierce: Always.

Pierce: I’ll never fall out of love for her. I think about her probably every day. Knowing that I’ll never see her again or knowing that she’ll be with another man one day and married whatever…

Pierce: I can come to terms with it because… I know that I love her because of the way she affected my life and how much joy she brought me … at a specific time in my life.

 

Dearly Beloved,

Heartbreaks! They feel like a few needles pricking your stomach or maybe you have ulcers and you need immediate medical attention. Or maybe the heartbreak causes the ulcers (You can never be too sure about these things). It could be brought about by anything; maybe you watched your football team score itself (two goals… kivipi???) or maybe they ate your lunch and they are sorry (I believe this is a whole different type of pain). Still, most of us relate heartbreaks with our loved ones who chose to unlove us for reasons they know best.

"Hey, it's me, not you" has to be the recycled line. I wonder how the predecessor felt while using it. he was probably black and with the need to escape responsibility in his genes, he said, “Hey, it's not you it's me” and went ahead to give the most inutile reason for breaking up with her. And maybe she just stood there and understood his lame excuse then cried for a few weeks, oh well, a few months.

But then again most of us change at this point. A part of us dies for we do not understand that love comes from within us. That they were at the receiving end but we forget all this and chose to become numb to emotion, we start hating love. It’s a quagmire when you think about it but it seems to make sense to a lot of us. Hating Love (Maybe I should use this as the title)

So, most of us are numb, then one Friday morning a queen releases a song and… Time stops. The birds don’t chirp, and you are among men but you feel alone, your mind segregates you to a lonely dark place and the humming sound of the artist breaks a few walls. Then her voice fills your ears…

Lift me up

Hold me down

Keep me close

Safe and sound

The first tear rolls down…

Burning in a hopeless dream

Hold me when you go to sleep

Keep me in the warmth of your love

When you depart, keep me safe

Safe and sound

It’s a waterfall at this point, you fight the urge not to break down but you can’t. Funny how we think we are strong only for our emotions to bring us down. At this point, you remember the love you had for them, the castles you had built with them, and how all that ended really fast. You remember how toxic it was but how much hope you had that they would change.

Drowning in an endless sea

Take some time and stay with me

Keep me in the strength of your arms

Keep me safe

Safe and sound

Something clicks as she sings and it dawns on you how strong you have been. How much you have grown emotionally. How you have chosen yourself countless times. How you handled your weak moments and how life smiled at you a couple of times. How you found love within yourself and embraced your entirety. How you journal on some days and enjoy living. How you now have a strong emotional support group that wants the best for you and keep you safe.

Burning in a hopeless dream

Hold me when you go to sleep

Keep me safe

We need light, we need love

 

At this point, we have all the love we will ever need. The love to pick ourselves up every time and not park where our hurt is. Where we spread love to our peers and get blessed with peers who also stretch their arms for a bear hug on those days your brain chooses to replay all the painful scenarios you have been in. ( I am convinced that my worst enemy is my brain juu why would you choose to remind me but then again you remind me of my wins so maybe my brain is my best friend… The brain a friend and a foe a series by yours truly – Aaah, I’m hilarious)

(Lift me up) Lift me up in your arms

(Hold me down) I need love, I need love, I need love

(Keep me close) Hold me, hold me

(Safe and sound) Hold me, hold me, hold me, hold me

(Lift me up) Hold me, hold me, hold me, hold me

(Hold me down) Hold me, hold me

(Keep me safe) We need light, we need love

 

So, kudos to those of us who have been able to hold ourselves this last month. For those of us who haven’t gotten to this side yet, I can assure you the grass is greener, the birds are chirping, and you are not alone.

And a call out to my boy Geoffrey for not liking this song, I have to mention you here so that the few readers here can know you exist as the man who didn’t like Rihanna’s new song… “Lift me Up”.

Anyways be safe, choose love, don’t hate it…

Regards,

 

Thairu

 

Comments

  1. "...we need light, we need love..." I always love to read love pieces from this site. You are deep mwalimu.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

SOMETHIN' STUPID

  My Little Haven, I know I stand in line Until you think you have the time To spend an evening with me And if we go some place to dance I know that there's a chance You won't be leaving with me Albert Schweitzer said that if you love something then you have to let it go and he didn’t say how much letting go hurts. One plus one isn’t adding up to two since explain this; I love you, but I have to let you go because of that love. Why? Is it because my love is wrong? Is it because I am underserving of your love? Or is the world adamant about me sacrificing everything I proclaim to love just to teach me some lesson I never care about?  The simple art of letting go is not simple at all. You have to take a deep breath and accept that your beloved shall be in the arms of another. That whatever you love will be loved better wherever it goes. That it will be taken care of better than you could ever do. But then what if you loved it unconditionally, do you still have to t

LET ME LOVE YOU NOW!

Babycakes, I think I finally met her. Well, she was always in my life but I never really thought of her in that light then I was walking in darkness and she became the light I ran to. I don’t know when I fell for her but I think I always held her to some higher regard compared to other ladies. She, my woman, (I get to say that my woman, my lady) is a ball of energy and I feel loved, accepted, and wanted by her. Everything comes easy with her, well, loving her is easy. Being loved by her feels easy. I am smiling as I write this since I can see her smile while looking at me with her hazel eyes… God her hazel eyes. I wonder if I ever felt seen before I met her. Was I actually seen before her? Maybe yes but I don’t think I care much about the ‘other’ eyes since being seen by these ones has been what I yearn for… Has been what I live for. I am genuinely glad whoever came before me fumbled because he didn’t know what a good thing he had lost. You're the one I love Every second th

END OF ME!

  Dearly Beloved, I will never be Somebody else’s I will always be Either entirely yours Or completely my own There is nothing else That I will ever find Beyond You and I. ~S.L. Gray~   I Love You! There I said it! It’s finally off my chest. I can now breathe. It feels like a weight has been lifted off my chest and I can smile again after being anguished by that which I could not admit. I have lied to myself that I don’t but here I am finally falling in truth and it feels good and sad at the same time since I still cannot say it to your face. I have desired to tell you this for a while now and I didn’t know how but I guess this does it. I Love You but You don’t; so, only I remains. It sucks being on this boat again, but I will find my shore once more, hopefully, a little bit faster than the first time. I say you don’t since I am afraid of you saying you do. What would I do with your love? How would I handle it? How would I fill you with love when I too l