Skip to main content

LA DOULEUR

 


Caro Amante,

Do you know that TikTok video that starts;

“Hey, you must be wondering how we got here. Well, let us start from the beginning…”

I let my heart go

Somewhere I don’t know

Forgot when it fell

I can’t seem to find it

I need to remind it

You found someone else

Pain tends to always be there. It never misses the party; it will always find a way to be present. You will be having the grandest of days and boom you are served a tot of pain to end your day.

Well, pain is subjective but recently it has been personified by ‘love’. Love is not pain but it's hard for most of us to accept this simple truth. When most of us think of love; we will associate it with pain and sorrow. They loved me but also brought me pain hence I walked around on eggshells wondering if I will break and scream when I see them.

I’m coming ‘round please don’t say no

Don’t you come here anymore

I’m coming ‘round please don’t say no

Don’t you come here anymore

This new thing we have named ‘love’ is enveloped by confusion and pain. “Love now seems like a small star that started shining but is also surrounded by a huge storm so it dies out”

Recently I have come to the realization that most of the things I read and watch in movies actually happen. That Hardin and Tessa kind of love is actually real to most of the young people I know. A relationship defined by toxicity and they are in too deep that they actually believe they are in love with each other.

Thought I was just fine

Keeping a thick spine

Just a matter of time

You’d come to your senses

Lay down your defenses

And tell me you're mine

We now have a generation of people who love each other for the wrong reasons. We later get so infatuated with each other that we do not even realize that we are hurting each other in the process which is shown in how we treat each other whilst we fight. We take all the precious things that they had to offer and break them slowly to a point they are reduced to former shells of themselves but still, this infatuation remains despite knowing the pain we have caused them.  We still go back, knowing that this red flag is still there so we wear colored glasses to mask the pain and stay there.

You caught me cold when you kissed him

I didn’t mean to watch but I did

And when you looked in his eyes

My heart was wondering why

It could love so much but cannot touch

I really have no solution for this, maybe we will all break and finally get to a place where we want fixing. I wish Tinkerbelle was real then she would tinker with our emotional selves and we would accept change.

Well, I write this while celebrating Madaraka Day, it means Freedom and in as much we might never experience real freedom, we could try chasing emotional freedom and not spread the pain. (Shoot I really don’t have a title for this one, I will make something up though)

 

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

SOMETHIN' STUPID

  My Little Haven, I know I stand in line Until you think you have the time To spend an evening with me And if we go some place to dance I know that there's a chance You won't be leaving with me Albert Schweitzer said that if you love something then you have to let it go and he didn’t say how much letting go hurts. One plus one isn’t adding up to two since explain this; I love you, but I have to let you go because of that love. Why? Is it because my love is wrong? Is it because I am underserving of your love? Or is the world adamant about me sacrificing everything I proclaim to love just to teach me some lesson I never care about?  The simple art of letting go is not simple at all. You have to take a deep breath and accept that your beloved shall be in the arms of another. That whatever you love will be loved better wherever it goes. That it will be taken care of better than you could ever do. But then what if you loved it unconditionally, do you still have to t

LET ME LOVE YOU NOW!

Babycakes, I think I finally met her. Well, she was always in my life but I never really thought of her in that light then I was walking in darkness and she became the light I ran to. I don’t know when I fell for her but I think I always held her to some higher regard compared to other ladies. She, my woman, (I get to say that my woman, my lady) is a ball of energy and I feel loved, accepted, and wanted by her. Everything comes easy with her, well, loving her is easy. Being loved by her feels easy. I am smiling as I write this since I can see her smile while looking at me with her hazel eyes… God her hazel eyes. I wonder if I ever felt seen before I met her. Was I actually seen before her? Maybe yes but I don’t think I care much about the ‘other’ eyes since being seen by these ones has been what I yearn for… Has been what I live for. I am genuinely glad whoever came before me fumbled because he didn’t know what a good thing he had lost. You're the one I love Every second th

END OF ME!

  Dearly Beloved, I will never be Somebody else’s I will always be Either entirely yours Or completely my own There is nothing else That I will ever find Beyond You and I. ~S.L. Gray~   I Love You! There I said it! It’s finally off my chest. I can now breathe. It feels like a weight has been lifted off my chest and I can smile again after being anguished by that which I could not admit. I have lied to myself that I don’t but here I am finally falling in truth and it feels good and sad at the same time since I still cannot say it to your face. I have desired to tell you this for a while now and I didn’t know how but I guess this does it. I Love You but You don’t; so, only I remains. It sucks being on this boat again, but I will find my shore once more, hopefully, a little bit faster than the first time. I say you don’t since I am afraid of you saying you do. What would I do with your love? How would I handle it? How would I fill you with love when I too l