Skip to main content

A TRYING MAN


I did it again.

I know I didn't tell you the first time but still I thought I wouldn't do it again but I did. I am sitted here beating myself up. Wondering if I am true to myself or maybe true to God. 
I hate beating myself up but I feel as though I should be accountable for myself. 

Do you also beat yourself up? Do you feel as though you shouldn't forgive yourself? Or is this too uncomfortable so we should just laugh it up and ask bro uko poa? 

I have met different people over the two decades and truth be told I tend to forgive them real quick, but I find myself slacking off in the forgiveness department when I piss myself off. Does this make sense? I think it does... (Does it really)

I was wondering who I really am though. Am I wearing a mask and my true self is hiding in the dark in a corner with a hoddie, snivelling, wondering why we aren't strong enough? (Oee bro are you okay?) Or maybe this is my true self. A guy who tries. (A trying man) 

But does anyone care if we are trying. The minute we fail, we realize that we are alone, or maybe you are lucky and you have a good support system, but most of us get to be alone. And we battle these voices in our heads that say we are weak, or rather unrealible. Does any of you have them? 

We beat ourselves up and fall into a state of self hatred, and now we want to hurt ourselves because we have this knack to be punished for failing. Why do we do this? Or maybe we cry it out then tears dry up and now we want to forget but we don't. 

We fail again, we win some, then we get a handful of successes but the loses are innumerable. I read that in loses we also gain but I am certain not all of us view life this way. We fail and remain in the dirt, questioning why we try. Some fall into drinking, and become high functioning alcoholics who always get things done, and some, well a smile covers it, I think... 

Why are we so negative towards ourselves or maybe I am alone in this. Why can't I remember all my wins when I fail? This feels like a dark piece. Maybe I should leave it in draft and let it remain in the stash together with the rest of my closeted thoughts. (But for real bro, are you okay). 

I guess I am or maybe I am not. Not tonight at least. I am vibing to some Jervis Campbell, (Ps. If you want some Gospel music to chill and vibe with, I'd definitely recommend this guy). 

I love how people in movies motivate themselves, or how that blogger says you can do it, start running, do something. But if I am being honest, whenever I feel as though I have failed, I want to cry, I want to crawl into a corner and discuss with myself how much I have failed. I don't want to do anything, I just want to be alone and not deal with anything. But life goes on irregardless. There are days I wish there was a pause button because  I'd definitely pause this time and go through the manuscripts again. Why can't life just stop and let me breathe, or maybe it does and I don't get the signal, (take  a deep breathe everyone).

I read some quote that life does not have a remote, get up and change it yourself. Heeh, it pissed me off (whuueh ukweli is tough) ebu don't say it nikiwa down.

Do you check up on your people? Or maybe you don't like yours truly. Lakini, y'all can start, I think I will or I won't. I want a glass of milk and sleep. Anyways, if you have a solution to 'Stop beating ourselves up syndrome' you can drop it hapo kwa comments. 

Peace, love and check up on your people or buy them milk, whichever works best for you.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

SOMETHIN' STUPID

  My Little Haven, I know I stand in line Until you think you have the time To spend an evening with me And if we go some place to dance I know that there's a chance You won't be leaving with me Albert Schweitzer said that if you love something then you have to let it go and he didn’t say how much letting go hurts. One plus one isn’t adding up to two since explain this; I love you, but I have to let you go because of that love. Why? Is it because my love is wrong? Is it because I am underserving of your love? Or is the world adamant about me sacrificing everything I proclaim to love just to teach me some lesson I never care about?  The simple art of letting go is not simple at all. You have to take a deep breath and accept that your beloved shall be in the arms of another. That whatever you love will be loved better wherever it goes. That it will be taken care of better than you could ever do. But then what if you loved it unconditionally, do you still have to t

LET ME LOVE YOU NOW!

Babycakes, I think I finally met her. Well, she was always in my life but I never really thought of her in that light then I was walking in darkness and she became the light I ran to. I don’t know when I fell for her but I think I always held her to some higher regard compared to other ladies. She, my woman, (I get to say that my woman, my lady) is a ball of energy and I feel loved, accepted, and wanted by her. Everything comes easy with her, well, loving her is easy. Being loved by her feels easy. I am smiling as I write this since I can see her smile while looking at me with her hazel eyes… God her hazel eyes. I wonder if I ever felt seen before I met her. Was I actually seen before her? Maybe yes but I don’t think I care much about the ‘other’ eyes since being seen by these ones has been what I yearn for… Has been what I live for. I am genuinely glad whoever came before me fumbled because he didn’t know what a good thing he had lost. You're the one I love Every second th

END OF ME!

  Dearly Beloved, I will never be Somebody else’s I will always be Either entirely yours Or completely my own There is nothing else That I will ever find Beyond You and I. ~S.L. Gray~   I Love You! There I said it! It’s finally off my chest. I can now breathe. It feels like a weight has been lifted off my chest and I can smile again after being anguished by that which I could not admit. I have lied to myself that I don’t but here I am finally falling in truth and it feels good and sad at the same time since I still cannot say it to your face. I have desired to tell you this for a while now and I didn’t know how but I guess this does it. I Love You but You don’t; so, only I remains. It sucks being on this boat again, but I will find my shore once more, hopefully, a little bit faster than the first time. I say you don’t since I am afraid of you saying you do. What would I do with your love? How would I handle it? How would I fill you with love when I too l