Skip to main content

AN OPEN LETTER TO MY FUTURE WIFE

 


Hello, Future Wife,

“Autumn leaves, turn to gold
We'll tread a path side-by-side
And form a link through our hands
For I'm yours and you are mine

I'll write your name on the bottom of my shoes
Just so you know that I'm yours to keep

I am listening to ‘Jordan Mackampa’s Yours to Keep’ as I write this piece. My wife; the title itself makes me nervous. Well, this is not a great way to start a letter now is it! I am anxious about this. On days like these when I juggle through social media apps and I happen to land on Instagram and see photos of cute couples, I tend to imagine the same will happen to yours truly over here.

I am awfully shy but I happen to have a vibrant face as I have been told a couple of times, and yes it did not make sense to me also. I also overthink and yes I know that this is not healthy but I still don’t know how to stop it. But then this is not about me but about you (my inner me is screaming and tightly hugging a pillow, why do I have a pillow in the first place).

We may or may not have met but I want you to know that I am here. That I have a phone number and a social life. I have a world – family, friends, hobbies, and interests – and I am looking towards the moments when our worlds shall meet; the moment when we get to open up our worlds to each other and grow together in life.

Weirdly enough I am looking forward to a time I’ll be able to be vulnerable with you and not get judged about it. The moment when I know the images set by society about life and love don’t matter when it comes to us. The moment when I’ll get to cross that line and hold your hand in public. Be able to walk side by side with you and not give a damn about the opinions of men.

I’d like to listen to you when you want to be heard. Give ear to your opinions and help you reach your goals. I’d like to help you find the light when everything seems dark around you. I’d like… I’d like… Words cannot explain the very ideas I have of how life will be when I finally get you.

Easier said than done, I know this but I want to try. Truth be told we might not see eye to eye all the time but I want you to know that I’ll never leave. I want to be a role model dad to our kids. Tell them stories of all our escapades; about how I swept you off your feet and we lived happily ever after.

I want to grow old and grey with you and still choose you again in our next life. I want to find my soulmate in you and we can walk in this life knowing we’ll always find each other no matter where we go. I want to show you my view of the world from my eyes and also get to see it from yours. I’d like to listen to you when you speak about all the things you are passionate about. I’d like… I’d like…

I know this may be too far-fetched because of the world, we are in but I’d like us to be each other’s peace in all the chaos. Be each other’s voice when the world wants to shut us up. Be each other’s strength when things get tough.

“I’ll write your name on the bottom of my shoes,

Just so you know that I'm yours to keep”

Till we get to meet, remember peace, love, and wait for me to be my future self.

Yours Truly,

Future Husband.


Comments

  1. I'm I not jealous of thy future wife..... I love your choice of words sir

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just wish i can be a future wife to such a future husband ❤

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is amazing.
    Am jealous of the future wife💖

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

SOMETHIN' STUPID

  My Little Haven, I know I stand in line Until you think you have the time To spend an evening with me And if we go some place to dance I know that there's a chance You won't be leaving with me Albert Schweitzer said that if you love something then you have to let it go and he didn’t say how much letting go hurts. One plus one isn’t adding up to two since explain this; I love you, but I have to let you go because of that love. Why? Is it because my love is wrong? Is it because I am underserving of your love? Or is the world adamant about me sacrificing everything I proclaim to love just to teach me some lesson I never care about?  The simple art of letting go is not simple at all. You have to take a deep breath and accept that your beloved shall be in the arms of another. That whatever you love will be loved better wherever it goes. That it will be taken care of better than you could ever do. But then what if you loved it unconditionally, do you still have to t

LET ME LOVE YOU NOW!

Babycakes, I think I finally met her. Well, she was always in my life but I never really thought of her in that light then I was walking in darkness and she became the light I ran to. I don’t know when I fell for her but I think I always held her to some higher regard compared to other ladies. She, my woman, (I get to say that my woman, my lady) is a ball of energy and I feel loved, accepted, and wanted by her. Everything comes easy with her, well, loving her is easy. Being loved by her feels easy. I am smiling as I write this since I can see her smile while looking at me with her hazel eyes… God her hazel eyes. I wonder if I ever felt seen before I met her. Was I actually seen before her? Maybe yes but I don’t think I care much about the ‘other’ eyes since being seen by these ones has been what I yearn for… Has been what I live for. I am genuinely glad whoever came before me fumbled because he didn’t know what a good thing he had lost. You're the one I love Every second th

END OF ME!

  Dearly Beloved, I will never be Somebody else’s I will always be Either entirely yours Or completely my own There is nothing else That I will ever find Beyond You and I. ~S.L. Gray~   I Love You! There I said it! It’s finally off my chest. I can now breathe. It feels like a weight has been lifted off my chest and I can smile again after being anguished by that which I could not admit. I have lied to myself that I don’t but here I am finally falling in truth and it feels good and sad at the same time since I still cannot say it to your face. I have desired to tell you this for a while now and I didn’t know how but I guess this does it. I Love You but You don’t; so, only I remains. It sucks being on this boat again, but I will find my shore once more, hopefully, a little bit faster than the first time. I say you don’t since I am afraid of you saying you do. What would I do with your love? How would I handle it? How would I fill you with love when I too l