Skip to main content

DREAM TOMORROW...LIVE TODAY 😊

 

Heey, is this a weird way to start? (Thought I’d greet you today). Been a minute since I wrote a piece. I have not been feeling motivated to write lately. Thought I’d have a muse then write a thousand words or pieces but haven’t found one of those. I did decide to binge watch some animes and boy are they many. Became a weeb and every time I think, “you’ve wasted four hours man, I tap myself on the shoulder and say at least I’ve learnt that if I ever give up on my dreams I should just die.” Things went dark there for a moment. But really what comes to mind when you hear the name dream.

I know we all have dreams and we would like to make them realities but at times it seems life is out there to get us and mak
e them fail. I have friends that tend to ask me questions like; what are your plans for the next few years; and boy do I have plans, beautiful ones I might add; BUT then I don’t know how to get there. Well maybe this doesn’t make sense to anyone or maybe it does but I really want to have that future I have scribbled down on my vision board but I sincerely don’t even know how I’ll get there. Okay! Okay! I need money, But how exactly do I get it.

Heard some guy call us the microwave generation on the radio and I was all defensive I could have called the show and ranted about how we all want to make it but don’t have the right tools to do so. Hmmm… back to me though. I have a dream (getting some Dr. Martin Luther Jr. vibes) but am yet to figure out the right path to take for me to get there

This ladies and gentlemen was your boy’s dream; Starting this blog was/is among my dreams and man this is me blaming it on writer’s block for ben inconsistent. I was quite skeptical before starting then I got some encouraging comments and yours truly decided to continue. There were times I contemplated giving up and maybe choosing to do something else first then come back and retry it. I am yet to tell everyone that I started a blog, am afraid of what some of them might say and yes maybe they will get excited about it and want to read all of them but still your boy been bitten once and I sincerely don’t want to feel that way again.

Most of my friends already have something going on for them and there are those times when am vibing to ‘Forever’ by Capaldi and I can’t help but think, “What are you doing with your life my boy?” (Weird song to think such thoughts but still!!!”  Well, the thought of that ‘bright future’ still makes me hopeful and keeps me going but the thought still lingers. God… this feels like too much information…. but I’d like someone out there (if there’s one) to know that they are not alone. I am here with my board and empty wallet to prove it. But that does not mean that we should give up on our DREAMS. You can go and start that poetry page if you want to have one, you can start that YouTube page even if it means you’ll have to borrow a friend their phone, You can decide to start that blog and spill your thoughts BUT DON’T YOU DARE GIVE UP ON IT.

Hey most importantly don’t forget to live today. Cherish every moment you get to live under the sun and welcome wisdom as it comes with age and experience. There will come a time and we will look back at this post and say maybe not all of them worked out but I have these with me.

Finally, don’t forget, peace, love, and watch anime (Ps. Don’t give up on those wild dreams you might be having.)

 

 

 

Comments

  1. Don't be afraid to walk through the path that give you peace and fulfilment,after all this is your dream . Chase it πŸ”₯as the Lord leads.
    I am happy for youπŸ’ͺπŸ’ͺπŸ’ͺ

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a motivational pIece. i like the fact that after all said and done ,you still insist that we should Not let go of our dreams ! Even though we don't know how to get there...looking forward to more peices😊

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're doing great... everyone has to start somewhere...
    All the best cant wait to read other pieces 😊

    ReplyDelete
  4. I had to pause first and listen again to the song
    Great piece ✨✨

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

SOMETHIN' STUPID

  My Little Haven, I know I stand in line Until you think you have the time To spend an evening with me And if we go some place to dance I know that there's a chance You won't be leaving with me Albert Schweitzer said that if you love something then you have to let it go and he didn’t say how much letting go hurts. One plus one isn’t adding up to two since explain this; I love you, but I have to let you go because of that love. Why? Is it because my love is wrong? Is it because I am underserving of your love? Or is the world adamant about me sacrificing everything I proclaim to love just to teach me some lesson I never care about?  The simple art of letting go is not simple at all. You have to take a deep breath and accept that your beloved shall be in the arms of another. That whatever you love will be loved better wherever it goes. That it will be taken care of better than you could ever do. But then what if you loved it unconditionally, do you still have to t

LET ME LOVE YOU NOW!

Babycakes, I think I finally met her. Well, she was always in my life but I never really thought of her in that light then I was walking in darkness and she became the light I ran to. I don’t know when I fell for her but I think I always held her to some higher regard compared to other ladies. She, my woman, (I get to say that my woman, my lady) is a ball of energy and I feel loved, accepted, and wanted by her. Everything comes easy with her, well, loving her is easy. Being loved by her feels easy. I am smiling as I write this since I can see her smile while looking at me with her hazel eyes… God her hazel eyes. I wonder if I ever felt seen before I met her. Was I actually seen before her? Maybe yes but I don’t think I care much about the ‘other’ eyes since being seen by these ones has been what I yearn for… Has been what I live for. I am genuinely glad whoever came before me fumbled because he didn’t know what a good thing he had lost. You're the one I love Every second th

END OF ME!

  Dearly Beloved, I will never be Somebody else’s I will always be Either entirely yours Or completely my own There is nothing else That I will ever find Beyond You and I. ~S.L. Gray~   I Love You! There I said it! It’s finally off my chest. I can now breathe. It feels like a weight has been lifted off my chest and I can smile again after being anguished by that which I could not admit. I have lied to myself that I don’t but here I am finally falling in truth and it feels good and sad at the same time since I still cannot say it to your face. I have desired to tell you this for a while now and I didn’t know how but I guess this does it. I Love You but You don’t; so, only I remains. It sucks being on this boat again, but I will find my shore once more, hopefully, a little bit faster than the first time. I say you don’t since I am afraid of you saying you do. What would I do with your love? How would I handle it? How would I fill you with love when I too l