Skip to main content

TEMPTATION

 

Have you ever been tempted? Have you ever had that constant feeling to fall short of the glory of the Lord? I had initially said I am a Christian. I tend to read the word everyday but lately I’ve been having this constant desire to sin. Sin; such a big word isn’t it? Sin often regarded as dirt according to the Christian mind. But temptation is often luring. It has a sweet tone to it but ironically it leads to death; (Not literally but spiritually, but also literally, this is quite confusing but also easy to grasp). Temptation really is enticing and as the word records that we should not tempt others it does seem as a fun-feet. Why do I sound as though I enjoy temptation? But, just to clarify things with myself and you; I actually don’t.

But I don’t really understand how it works. Okay basically it starts as an idea and then you can’t shake it off until you do it, then you regret it. But with the word and Christ you can overcome it (I believe this is where Spiritual Maturity comes in). I haven’t fully understood how that works but sooner or later I will and I most certainly will share it with you just to make things easier. I am yet to also understand the human mind. Everything starts from it. It has a lot of power yet most of us don’t really acknowledge it. The mind has the power to make us or fully destroy us. Why is this funny though, or maybe this is my bad trait, to laugh during serious moments; But how does it work really?

I am currently living in a society that is preaching about us ensuring that we are taking care of our mental spaces. But how do you really do that? I’ve never experienced depression but I’ve read about it and I’ve heard people talk about it and most of them end up saying it’s a tough phase and end up using anti-depressants. But what about the Christian guy who is battling temptation? I know that the word helps and maybe am overthinking this but I’ve read the word and I know it but temptation really has no way of control. You may say practice makes perfect but every time you fall in sin you feel condemned. Condemnation is a feeling of utter disapproval, and ironically enough it all happens in our minds.

Am watching the series Vikings and am constantly amused by how the ‘Christians’ tend to beat themselves up when they sin. There’s that feeling of wanting to hurt yourself when we fail because it serves as the ultimate punishment for anything. I come from a community that believes the rod is the best form of punishment and trust you me it does work in most cases. I have experienced condemnation after I sinned a couple of times and I’d say there’s that feeling of wanting to hurt myself even though I know God has forgiven me, I still deserve to be punished. I believe this is what makes most of the Christians to fall into this dark pit and it becomes hard to retrieve them.

I love how the word says that we should renew our minds every day. I believe everything starts and ends in the mind but we tend to live in the in-between and we end up being trapped. We later become slaves to our mistakes and we lead an unhappy life yet we know the word says we are forgiven. The mind knows the truth but still lets us feel stuck, what kind of power is this? Condemnation is a result of failing when you were tempted but there are many scriptures that tell us not to worry when we fall, that we should rise up again and try again but most us fall and don’t rise up. I was listening to a certain artist and he said life has taught him that there is no such thing as mistakes; he said we should think of them as happy accidents that end up helping us grow. I really wish we could try and view life in this light.

I think I should try and enquire if we’d get phycologists to be given programs that would help us understand our mental health from a young age. I believe this would ensure most of our young people would have better mental fortitude as they grow. Anyways I think I’ve found my answer but before I give it let me test it and see if it works.

Basically, let’s try and listen to podcasts and read about mental health, and try and work on ourselves.

Peace, love and good mental space!

Comments

  1. I really learn alot from your pieces!Keep up the good work!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cast all your anxiety to Him because He cares for you

      Delete
  2. Cast all your anxiety to Him because He cares for you

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

SOMETHIN' STUPID

  My Little Haven, I know I stand in line Until you think you have the time To spend an evening with me And if we go some place to dance I know that there's a chance You won't be leaving with me Albert Schweitzer said that if you love something then you have to let it go and he didn’t say how much letting go hurts. One plus one isn’t adding up to two since explain this; I love you, but I have to let you go because of that love. Why? Is it because my love is wrong? Is it because I am underserving of your love? Or is the world adamant about me sacrificing everything I proclaim to love just to teach me some lesson I never care about?  The simple art of letting go is not simple at all. You have to take a deep breath and accept that your beloved shall be in the arms of another. That whatever you love will be loved better wherever it goes. That it will be taken care of better than you could ever do. But then what if you loved it unconditionally, do you still have to t

LET ME LOVE YOU NOW!

Babycakes, I think I finally met her. Well, she was always in my life but I never really thought of her in that light then I was walking in darkness and she became the light I ran to. I don’t know when I fell for her but I think I always held her to some higher regard compared to other ladies. She, my woman, (I get to say that my woman, my lady) is a ball of energy and I feel loved, accepted, and wanted by her. Everything comes easy with her, well, loving her is easy. Being loved by her feels easy. I am smiling as I write this since I can see her smile while looking at me with her hazel eyes… God her hazel eyes. I wonder if I ever felt seen before I met her. Was I actually seen before her? Maybe yes but I don’t think I care much about the ‘other’ eyes since being seen by these ones has been what I yearn for… Has been what I live for. I am genuinely glad whoever came before me fumbled because he didn’t know what a good thing he had lost. You're the one I love Every second th

END OF ME!

  Dearly Beloved, I will never be Somebody else’s I will always be Either entirely yours Or completely my own There is nothing else That I will ever find Beyond You and I. ~S.L. Gray~   I Love You! There I said it! It’s finally off my chest. I can now breathe. It feels like a weight has been lifted off my chest and I can smile again after being anguished by that which I could not admit. I have lied to myself that I don’t but here I am finally falling in truth and it feels good and sad at the same time since I still cannot say it to your face. I have desired to tell you this for a while now and I didn’t know how but I guess this does it. I Love You but You don’t; so, only I remains. It sucks being on this boat again, but I will find my shore once more, hopefully, a little bit faster than the first time. I say you don’t since I am afraid of you saying you do. What would I do with your love? How would I handle it? How would I fill you with love when I too l